If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old book quote of the day #2

Here’s the second installment of “old book quote of the day,” a series intended to highlight the values of American culture that are captured in old books.   


The Cook’s Creed


The health of my family is in my care; therefore--

I will preserve as far as possible the nutritive elements in foods which are delivered to me.


My family’s enjoyment of food is my responsibility; therefore--

I will preserve and enhance the attractive qualities of he food with which I work.


Stretching the food dollar is part of my responsibility; therefore--

I will take such care of food that none will spoil. I will use left-overs with thought and skill.


A well-prepared dish and an appetizing meal are a creative achievement; therefore--

I shall derive happiness from work itself.


Good food is of prime importance to my family; therefore-- 

I shall take pride in doing an outstanding job of cooking.


Meta Given (The Modern Family Cookbook, 1942)



Responsibility. Frugality. Achievement. Pride. Not to mention that the “health of my family is in my care” not Nanny’s. How old fashioned.

2 comments:

matthiasj said...

That's a great quote. Very true. We all need to take more personal responsibility for our own health.

matthiasj
Kentucky Preppers Network

Marica said...

Yeah-- one way to stay out of the health care system is to stay healthy!

Ohio Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Ohio Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.