Brought to you by TheSurvivalMom posting at
American Preppers Network
Among other tips, she says:
These are the basics the Paranoid Dad would pack first.
- Claw hammer. This multi-use tool can be used from hammering nails to demolition.
- Set of screwdrivers, both Phillips and straight. There should be different sizes of each type. Larger screwdrivers can be useful for prying and chiseling.
- Pair of lineman's pliers, often called by the trade name, Kleins. These are especially useful because they combine the flat surface of regular pliers with a cutting edge. Make sure your pair can cut through steel in case they're needed to cut through wire or nails.
- Utility knife, aka box cutter, with extra blades in the handle.
- Wood saw and a hacksaw. The hacksaw can be used to cut through steel, plastic and wood, but the wood saw is useful for cutting through large branches and small trees.
- Crescent wrenches in two sizes, small and medium.