If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ramen: I confess but I'm not going to feel guilty!

Much as I practice and preach the benefits of growing and preparing your own old-timey food, I confess that every now and then I get a hankering for a bowl of Ramen noodles-- often when they're on sale for $0.10/package. And I don't even feel guilty about it (although I only eat them when John's not looking). So I thought I'd link to Matt's post at Kentucky Preppers. Unlike Matt, I throw the season packet away (maybe I shouldn't) and just add some spring onions or peppers (from the garden of course).

Kentucky Preppers Network: Cooking with Ramen Noodles

3 comments:

matthiasj said...

Thanks Marica! Melt some cheese in there and have some mac and cheese!

matthiasj
Kentucky Preppers Network

Secular Survival / Kriya said...

I use only a tiny bit of the packet and throw the rest away - it's too salty! I also drain the noodles, add butter, that tiny bit of the seasoning packet, and sometimes parmesan cheese. I don't buy ramen very often because our family has 2 gluten-free people in it, but sometimes that hankering.... :)

Vikki at http://kriyacreate.blogspot.com/2009/09/creating-intentional-community-in.html

Marica said...

It's the hankering that gets you!

Ohio Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Ohio Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.