If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Friday, March 19, 2010

I'M STILL HERE

Just quick post here to let you all know I'm still here. I got lazy for a bit with the blog and have been busy trying to get organized taking inventory of what we have and what we're still needing and sometimes I just like to poke around and see what others are saying out there in blogger land. And lately, what I'm reading, just makes me down right nervous. No one can not predict the future, but none of us would be prepping if we did not have some odd feeling, something is not quite right. Make sure you're regularly storing up food, water, meds. and lead.

Speaking of medicines, as I was picking up first aid supplies today, thermometers popped into my mind. Check your thermometers and make sure they work. We have gone through so many digital ones due to the batteries going dead, it's not funny. I know there is controversy with the old ones with mercury in them, but if you still have one, make sure you hang on to it. I believe they are the most reliable as far as batteries go. Also, the newer thermometers take small round batteries. When I think of storing batteries I do not think of those kind.

The sun has been shining and it has been absolutely beautiful out. As it gets warmer, the bugs will soon be out in full force. Do you need bug spray, insect repellent, mouse traps, ant traps, and the like. We do not use a lot of buggy chemicals, but do use them on spiders (the big, black fast ones) as I do not like arachnids. We get some doosies out here in the country and I spray them at dusk around the house. And yes, I am a little girl, when it comes to those boogers. My skin is just not thick when it comes to spiders. So whatever your phobia or dislike is, get your bug or rodent preps as they go on sale.

Last but not least, if any of you are like me, you may subscribe to many blogs or may have things downloaded into your computer for later use. If your saving emails that has a great recipe or good tidbit, get it printed out. Also get your files or pictures downloaded to a disk. I turned on my computer this morning and my computer health is not good. I have always heard of others nightmares with viruses and the like, and now I have my own nightmare. I have been scrambling to get things printed out and saved to another hard drive and my son is going to work his computer magic to hopefully save my computer. He had to pull up another system for me to get this blog up. If something does not make sense, do not hold it against me, as the computer is having a mind of its own and will freeze in the middle of a sentence.

I hope you are enjoying this fine weather and are thinking gardens. Hopefully you have your seeds started, if not, you may want to get that going very soon.

God Bless,
Shelly

4 comments:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Shelly! So glad you're still out there! It's good to hear from you. Sorry about your computer problems. I hope your son can fix it easily for you. I'm with you on the fear of spiders. Nasty creatures! Good recommendations for people on the thermometer and printing things off the computer. I've been trying to do that lately, especially with prepper info. Take care!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Shelly, I'm not sure if you saw that I commented on one of your IL comments....Why is the nuclear plant by your home in the news?

Shelly said...

Gen, I live by Davis Besse nuclear power plant. I think something is cracked, but not as serious as the last one. There has been a lot of issues with that place the last couple of years. It was closed for about a year a couples years ago, for a cracked reactor head. People lost jobs and from what I understood, we were very lucky nothing melted. When sirens go off here I listen very closely. lol

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

:)

Ohio Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Ohio Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.