If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Thursday, July 8, 2010

LEADERSHIP AND PERSEVERANCE

While reading over at The Drudge Report, I came across this report from ABC News of Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana. He has been battling BP and the Government over steps he wants to take to protect his state from the oil spill. The video can be viewed below.



What struck me about this video was his leadership and perseverance to protect his state. As I watched this clip from ABC News, I was impressed with this man's "No" is not an option attitude. What also impressed me was his willingness to take control over the situation and to do whatever it takes to protect his state and the people from the effects of this disaster.

The argument is Jindal wants to put in rock formations around the barrier islands to keep the oil off the Louisiana coasts and this concerns independent scientists that say the barrier islands could erode. The federal government says they already have a solution in place and that is skimming and booming and to let the oil come on shore. This argument that the barrier could erode is a weak argument in my opinion, because the oil and dispersants will kill all the wildlife on and around the barrier islands and what about the shorelines of Louisiana?

The federal government is furious with him and baffled by his behavior. Are you kidding me? Baffled by his behavior! He is standing up to the government and they do not like it. He is not taking no for an answer. Can you imagine if he was the president during this oil spill? Would this mess be under better control? One can never know, but do feel Governor Jindal is one to keep an eye on for a future presidential bid. He has shown the American "can do spirit" and encompasses an attitude of leadership and perseverance that is lacking in Americans today. He may look timid and shy, but when he speaks, I see leadership. I was proud as I watched this guy speak and doing whatever it takes to protect his people and home state.

God Bless,

Shelly
------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Ohio Forum at www.OhioPreppersNetwork.net

5 comments:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Shelly, I can't wait to get home and watch the video! (I'm at work right now.) I love that the LA gov is trying to stand up to the fedgov. I felt that way with the AZ gov after her immigrant ruling. Even if you didn't agree with the way they're doing stuff, I agree with them standing up and taking control of their states the way our founders meant things to be. More state power, less fedgov power!! Take care, Shelly!

Shelly said...

Gen- Yes I was impressed with Jindals take charge attitude. If only more governors would stand up and take charge of their states.

Amy @ Homestead Revival said...

Shelley, I'd trade our governor for the Louisiana governor any day (I'm in CA)! Even as liberal is CA is, I believe that each state should have the right to make their own decisions as long as they abide by the constitution (which actually limits the fed. gov., but I'm sure you and your readers already know that!).

Thanks for joining the Homestead Revival™ forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and having you contribute!

Amy @ Homestead Revival said...

Shelly,
You won the Tattler Canning Lids. I need you to contact me before Monday morning in order to "claim" your prize. Congratulations!

homesteadrevival at sbcglobal dot net

Shelly said...

Thanks Amy for visiting. You have a wonderful and educational blog and I have learned so much. Your knowledge and wisdom is inspiring women all over the country to take back the home and what you teach us is invaluable.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ohio Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Ohio Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.