If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Ohio.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

Hello to all you Ohio Preppers out thre. I hope you all are having a great summer and enjoying this HOT weather. It sure has been an interesting year as far as weather goes. The spring brought tons of rain and tornado's and now scorching heat that never seems to end.

As many of you have noticed the posts here have become quite sporadic. I'm in sort of a tug of war here. I took over this blog for Marica so the Ohio blog would not go dead. This is not my blog, I only help contribute to it. I not computer savvy, although I'm getting better and am a city girl turned homesteader/prepper within the last year and a half. I do not have solid skills to show you all how to do the same. More often than not, I have more questions than answers. How can I teach you to homestead and to be a prepper if I don't know myself? I also want to be able to personalize my own blog and get my comments when they come in and decide what blogs fit into the type of blog I'm trying to create. I can not do that here. I am at the mercy of someone else and their vision. Don't get me wrong, this network has been good to me and Tom has not told me I can not do that, but you fellow bloggers out there may understand what I'm talking about. There is nothing like your own place.

With the help of a dear friend, I have decided to start my own blog. It will be along the lines of journaling my walk through living the country life, recipes, homeschooling, prepping, and of course money saving tips. When the details are finished, I will let you all know what it is and give you a link. I will still be posting here, but not very often. Probably two times per month, maybe more depending on what I've learned and can effectively share with you. Things relevant to prepping and Ohio stuff I will write about. I want to say publicly, "Thank You to Andie from Chicky Bit Run and Gen from Illinois Preppers Network for being here for me and commenting and encouraging me. I would have given up a long time ago, if you both did not visit here and leave your comments. Andie your truly a sweetheart and have enjoyed chatting with you the last few months. I am so happy your finding your way. How inspirational! Gen your lifeline to me is truly humbling. What a chance you took on us. I am truly blessed. (I just hope we never need it, lol)

On that note, keep prepping folks, hard times are upon us. Store that food, water, and supplies you may need and if your a believer, read your Bibles. That is the #1 prep. All your physical preps will mean nothing if your spiritual preps are not taken care of.

God Bless,

Shelly
------------------------------------------
Join the APN Forum at www.AmericanPreppersNetwork.net
Visit the Ohio Forum at www.OhioPreppersNetwork.net

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sleep deprived at the moment, so you'll have to spell things out to me in short. simple. terms...

Are you giving up OPN?

I hate to hear that if that's the case, BUT I look forward to your blog! It will be interesting to read what's going on around your homestead.

By the way, congrats on winning Amy's giveaway! I tried to win a grain mill for you a couple weeks ago, but no luck. I just can't win LOL...it IS nice to *know* a winner, though!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

Oh no, Shelly!! :( I'm sad to hear this, but am hopeful that you truly WILL continue to post here!! You may not feel up to it, but I truly enjoy and learn from your posts here. Of course, I will definitely tune in to your own blog when you get one going. Let us know!! It's so hard to make 'friends' in blog-land and then lose them. (I really miss Ernie's posts, too!!)

God wanted to connect us, my friend, but I feel the same way that you do---hopefully we won't have to meet "there"!! God bless you on your homesteading/homeschooling journey---I think it's the best way to go!!!!

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

(I wrote this earlier, but my computer 'crashed', so not sure if you got it--erase this if you did!)
Oh no, Shelly!! I'm so bummed to read this! :( You may not feel it, but your posts are always encouraging and I learn alot from them. I hope you truly WILL keep posting even if once in a while. It's so hard when you 'make friends' and then lose them! (For instance, I really miss Ernie's posts, too!)

God bless you in your homesteading/homeschooling venture. I believe it's the best way to live! Definitely let us know when you get your own blog going as I'd love to follow it! God wanted to connect us, but hopefully we won't have to meet "down there"! ;)

Shelly said...

Andrea-No I'm not giving up OPN but will not be posting regularly. You are a regular visitor, would you like to be a contributor...lol A post now and then is all that is needed. I was shocked when I saw my name for the Tattler giveaway. What a great thing to have for the preps.

Gen- I do not have way to erase second message. If I do I'm yet to figure it out. I have been through this several times, but to no avail. I'm assuming its not avail to me, because I see comment mod. on new blog. You are right about making friends in blogger land and about Ernie's posts. I really miss her. She is the one that really woke me up and her gentle way of responding to all my frenzied comments of what was going on and helping me respond accordingly. I am assuming at this point she is done with the blog and I'm gonna have to get on the phone before too much time passes and pester her a bit. lol And yes Gen, I feel God has a hand in connecting us.

I am glad you both enjoy my posts. Hard core directions on prepping is difficult due to skill level and I'm more of a chit chat kind of gal. Huh Andrea! lol Thanks to you both for your visits and encouragement.

Ohio Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Ohio Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.